Your privacy is super important to me! Here’s a quick break-down of how I keep your info safe when working with me:
- I store all information on a password-protected and encrypted computer that only I am permitted to access. The encryption ensures that if my computer were to get into the wrong hands (very, VERY unlikely), the perpetrator would not be able to access any of my files.
- Getwellified.com has a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate with 2048-bit encryption, which is the strongest encryption currently available. SSL helps to ensure that any information that you provide on the forms of this site are kept safe and secure.
- When completing forms on getwellified.com, a copy of your submission is temporarily stored in the site’s database; I am the only administrator of the website and I use safeguards to keep the site secure (including automatic banning of IP addresses after a handful of failed login attempts to the “backend” of the site, an active firewall to protect against known threats, scheduled scans to identify any vulnerabilities, etc). I also routinely delete submissions from the site’s database after those submissions have been converted to PDFs and stored in the appropriate folders on my local hard drive. Back-ups of my files are stored on an external hard drive, which is placed in a secured location when not in use.
- When choosing to work with me, you’re agreeing to use electronic forms of communication. Please know that there are always limits pertaining to the security/privacy of communicating through e-mail. I use an e-mail server through my website’s hosting plan and the e-mails that I receive are automatically downloaded to my local hard drive on my computer. E-mails are regularly deleted from the website host’s database (“the cloud”) in order to increase security on my end, but please understand that I have no control over how your e-mails through your e-mail host are handled. For example, major e-mail hosts (such as Yahoo) have had data breaches, so there’s always that possibility that your e-mail could be compromised. To give you an idea of the type of subject matter in e-mails with clients, most e-mails are generally about foods, recipes, symptoms, etc (I will NEVER ask for super sensitive info like your social security number or your banking info).
- I only provide your identifying info to parties that are directly involved in your care (such as Oxford Biomedical Technologies), unless other arrangements are agreed upon in writing (like if you voluntarily write a testimonial for me and include the identifying info of your choosing). I will provide Oxford Biomedical Technologies with your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, gender, date of birth, a brief list of symptoms/reasons for testing, and a list of medications that you’re currently taking. Please understand that this information is required by Oxford Biomedical Technologies in order to process your blood work appropriately for the Mediator Release Test (food sensitivity test).
- If you choose to purchase professional grade supplements through my online dispensary (Fullscript) in order to receive a 20% discount on your orders, I will provide Fullscript with your name and e-mail address so that Fullscript provides you with direct links to my supplement recommendations in your inbox (you provide other info to Fullscript, such as shipping address, when placing your order). Fullscript does send reminder e-mails about refilling your supplement order when it’s close to the time that you would be running out. You can opt out of these e-mails if you’d like.
- Other than providing your e-mail address to Oxford Biomedical, PayPal (for invoicing purposes), and Fullscript (optional), I do not provide your e-mail address (or any other identifying info, for that matter) to any other third parties.
- If I need to collaborate with other health professionals about your care, I do not provide any of your identifying info (unless you specifically ask me to), meaning that your name, address, phone number, etc are not released. Discussions with colleagues are limited to how to best manage various symptoms/health conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns about how I safeguard your information, please feel free to contact me.